It has been quite awhile since I have had one of these little awards so “Thank You” Phil Soukoulis of Life Plan for nominating me! Please take a minute to check out Phil’s blog which is full of encouragement and inspiration to create your own Life Plan.
1.) Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions asked of me:
1. Tell me about the most interesting person you’ve ever met.
I’m going to go a little sideways with this one. I have met a lot of interesting people in my life (some good, some bad) but none that have really impacted my life. Now, with my granddaughter Emily, she shows me daily how interesting life can be. She instills hope in my life as I watch her navigate though childhood and encourages me to continue to grow and change so that I can guide her to be able to make healthy choices for her life.
2. If you could take a week and travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would go to Europe! I was born in Germany and would love to go back! I would also love to visit Ireland and Scotland.
3. What is the one truly defining moment of your life so far?
Oh I have so many defining moments that it’s hard to think of just one. I guess I would have to say that the most important one was the night I ended up on my knees in my room sobbing over the disaster I had created in my life. It was the moment that I actually “felt” the presence of God and one that led me to giving my life over to Him.
4. What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately?
I climbed some rocks at the beach which left me in the most excruciating pain for the next week. Yep, I would still do it again!
5. Who has influenced you the most?
I have several amazing people who have been a significant influence in my life! Nola, Tabby, Tina, Julie, Vicky, Sarah, Jordan and Emily! My life would not be what it is today if it were not for these people.
6. What is the one thing you most want to do?
At this very moment, I want to be in a pool of cold water! It is so very hot! But, as far as my future, I want to become a life coach specializing in working with people who struggle with issues of low self-esteem and codependency.
7. What is your best inherited quality?
I would have to say determination and perseverance.
8. Name your favorite thinker.
I don’t really have one.
9. Who is your favorite historical figure?
I love history! I do not have a favorite historical figure but would have to say that those who have helped, encouraged and inspired others throughout their lives would be at the top of the list, if I had one.
10. Have you been to any good musical performances lately?
I haven’t been to any musical performances in a very long time. I guess with the California State Fair coming up soon, it would be a good time to check out who’s performing!
11. What type of vacation do you prefer? Are you a relaxer or an explorer?
I love both types! When I’m feeling run down, I like a relaxing vacation with beaches and peaceful scenery but there are moments I am up for an adventure and love to explore new places.
Questions for nominees:
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- Which is the best vacation you have ever had?
- Where is the most interesting place you have been?
- If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be? (Example: Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow, we may die.)
- What past action (big or small) did you take to improve the quality of your life?
- What was the best thing that happened to you this past week?
- If you had this week to do over again, what would you do differently?
- Can you share one quote or saying you love, that keeps you going in life?
- What is your favorite dish to cook for friends? For just you?
- What gift have you received that you will always treasure?